Dolly solely uses PayPal to payout Helpers and Hands. When requesting jobs in the Helper app, the payout shown in the red box is the payout you will receive for fully completing that job.
Setup for Payouts
Follow the steps below to enter your PayPal email address for weekly payouts:
Open the Dolly Helper App.
Select the "More" tab - On iOS, this is on the bottom right. On Android, this is on the top left as a menu button (see screenshot below).
Select "View Profile".
In the top right corner, select "Edit".
|Android Version||iPhone Version|
- Scroll down to find the field to enter your PayPal email address.
The email address entered here must be the email address registered with your PayPal account.
- Android users will need to confirm their new / current password to save / update their PayPal email address.
- Enter your PayPal email twice to confirm accuracy, then select "Save" in the top right.
|Android Version||iOS Version|
- If you don't have a PayPal account, click here to set up a Business Account.
- To learn more about how PayPal works for payouts, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When do I get paid via PayPal?
Helpers and Hands are paid twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays by the end of day.
The work week is split as Monday to Wednesday and Thursday to Sunday.
- Any work completed Monday through Wednesday will be processed to payout on Friday by end of day.
- Any work completed Thursday through Sunday will be processed to payout on Tuesday by end of day.
Note: Please wait until end of day to reach out if you have not received your payout.
How do I get money from PayPal to my bank?
You can transfer money from your PayPal account to your bank at any time in your PayPal Account, by clicking "Withdraw Money" or "Transfer to Bank." With PayPal Business, you can set this up automatically in your Profile Settings under "My Money" (more info on this below).
How long does it take to get money to my Bank account?
Typically with PayPal, it takes 1-3 business days for money to move from your PayPal account to your bank account. Some other factors affect this which you can read about here.
How do I set up my PayPal account?
PayPal recommends setting up a PayPal business account for business related transactions, like your pay from Dolly. You can set up a new account here.
What if I don't set up a PayPal account?
Without a PayPal account, we have no way to pay you. You must set up a PayPal account to be paid.
Won't I have fees if I use PayPal?
No! Dolly covers all fees related to your payment. PayPal does offer the ability to do instant withdrawal to a debit card for a fee. Should you choose this option you are responsible for the fee.
What if a payment was made to an inaccurate or non-existent PayPal email that was on my Dolly Helper or Hands Account?
- You will need to Update your PayPal email on file to the correct email address (used for logging in to your PayPal account).
- You will need to contact us to explain that you need a payment resubmitted to the updated PayPal account. This can take our team up to a week to process with PayPal. In the meantime, any new completed Dollys will pay out to your new PayPal account on file.
- If the funds have been claimed under the old PayPal account, we will not be able to resubmit the payment to the new PayPal account.
PayPal recommends keeping your personal and business accounts separate. For example, it’s possible that I want you to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, but I keep my dolly.com funds in email@example.com. There are two main reasons we recommend setting up a PayPal Business account:
- It is good to keep your personal and business matters separate.
- With a PayPal Business account, you can automate withdrawals with Auto Sweep.
Having a PayPal Business account does NOT mean you will have to pay fees on your income. Dolly has already covered all necessary fees. So how do you set up a business account?
You can check out PayPal's self-service guide here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PayPal will ask you for a "business name" when you set up your account. If you don't have anything like this, you should put something to the effect of "FirstName Lastname, Independent Contractor". For example, my account would be "Milo Dowling, Independent Contractor".
Do you already have a personal PayPal account that you want to change to a business account?
- Visit Paypal
- Log into your account
- Click Upgrade Now at the bottom of the page
- Choose Business Account
Want to set up a new account for PayPal business?
- Click here or choose Sign Up at PayPal.com
- Choose Business Account
- Enter email and follow prompts
- Don’t forget to confirm your email address!
Awesome, your account is set up-- now lets talk about getting paid with PayPal Business!
Auto Sweep allows you to automate your withdrawals with a daily sweep of all PayPal funds to your bank account (funds arrive in 2-4 days).
- Go to PayPal and log in to your account.
- Click 'Profile' or the gear near the top of the page click “My money”
- Scroll Down and turn on "Automatic Transfers"
- Ensure the bank you want your money transferred to is set up correctly.
- Contact PayPal here if you have any issues.
Other ways to get money from your PayPal account include:
Please note that without auto sweep you must go into the PayPal app or site to initiate the transfer when you get paid. Information on how to do this can be found here.